Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder that typically affects the small joints in your hands and feet. Rheumatoid arthritis occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks your own body’s tissues and affects the lining of your joints, causing swelling and fluid retention. If you have rheumatoid arthritis, your blood donation could make a difference!
Donor requirements for participation:
- You must be clinically diagnosed by a medical professional. Confirmation of the diagnosis and/or treatment must be verified with your physician.
- Be pre-screened to determine eligibility.
- You’re willing to donate up to 100ml of whole blood.
- You must have a photo ID.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must weigh at least 50kg.